Sunday, July 5, 2015

I lost my phone yesterday on our fourth of July trip to Portland Maine. 
Apparently Portland is the new Portland.  
And whats good about that is your "keep Portland weird" stickers are apply in either city. 
Luckily a week ago I thought to email myself some pictures that I wanted to blog about.  
However .I lost so many pictures from when little guy was small and precious sage at her recital- tons of pictures.  

Anyway I'm thankful that I emailed myself these ones.  So i'll tell you about them-

This is Sage at the kickoff for summer reading at the Wiscassett library.  The theme is Superheros, and they were celebrating firefighters this day.  


Little Buddy loves his sister.  He walked across the yard to hug Sage. 


Every weekend we go on some kind of exploration.  Here we went to Booth Bay and walked around all the shops by the sea.  We came to this coffee shop to rest up and I caught Sage looking so beautiful. 



One reason we wanted to go somewhere new for the summer is because we only have one patch of grass at our house, not even a tree for shade.  To enjoy the outdoors we have to leave our house, and that is fun, but sometimes it would be nice to have a few trees, some dirt, and natural mischief in the backyard.  We didn't have to go all the way across the county for a healthy yard, but that's just how it worked out.  
I'm so happy to say that we have thick woods carpeted with blueberry bushes and strawberries for days.  We have a generous lawn, and a small garden with peas, kale, spinach, lettuce, and beets that we started from seeds and care for every day or so.  If you go one road over there is a long dirt road loop that leads all the way down to the edge of the island, and you can almost get lost on it.  
So here is a picture of Sage and Seadyr being cutesy on the teeter totter.  
Our host, Cary, has been super hospitable and bought lots of kid toys.  I really appreciate the things she brought home for us.  


This is a picture of part of the island we are on, Westport. 


Little Buddy getting in mischief. 


Sagie at Popham Beach!! So fun. 


Little Buddy learned how to stick out his tongue!! Cute little guy. 


Cary is so neat because she knows how to make a lot of things that I have been curious about but have never made.  One being Kombucha.  I know it might look super questionable but you eat yogurt and sourdough bread don't you!! Also weird and start with a "mother."
The mass in the jar is the mushroom and you can take one of those or part of one to start keep your own kombucha at home.  There is a recipe to start your own mushroom, but if you can get a mushroom even better.  I haven't figured out quite how often you change it out but its seems like every month or so Cary bottles all her Kombucha and brews a new sweet tea to add to the mushroom. 
She is sending us home with a mushroom and I am super excited to have my own.  


Did I mention they are the hippie sort and live in a school bus? 



Here is one of our first outings without dad after we arrived in Maine, we visited Bath the town over where Sea works. 

Well I am mourning all my lost pictures.  I am happy to be able to share these with you. 

Warmly,
Sarah 


No comments:

Post a Comment